This page consists of articles provided to the NW Neighbourhood Planning Network from our contributors, including planning professionals and those with experience in creating Neighbourhood Plans. Get in touch via the Contact page if you would like to contribute.
- Is Neighbourhood Planning at a Fork in the Road?Written by Julian Jackson. Has the interest of local communities in neighbourhood planning started to wane? Understandably, Neighbourhood Plan making has been more difficult over the last 12 months with […]
- Neighbourhood Planning and COVID-19Written by Edward Taylor, PlanSpace.uk For many Neighbourhood Planning groups, the Covid-19 virus will have led to a slowing down in activity. Lockdown has made it difficult for forums and […]
- Planning Practice Guidance UpdatesParagraph Additional content published 13 May 2020Paragraph 107Reference ID: 41-107-20200513 What changes have been introduced to neighbourhood planning in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic?The government has been clear that […]
- Latest Neighbourhood Plan Making Progress in the North WestThe results of the latest survey Once again, a team of Planning Aid volunteers has been monitoring the progress of Neighbourhood Plan making in our Region. Since 2012 when the […]
- Why do a Neighbourhood Plan?People decide to do Neighbourhood Plans for a variety of reasons. In the North West, I have worked with groups that were concerned with ensuring that new housing on allocated sites was well designed, respected local character of the area and integrated well with the wider area.